Looking for a new city to visit? Extra time while in the Netherlands? Then what are you waiting for, be inspired to visit the beautiful city of Rotterdam with our list of Inspiring Photos of Rotterdam. A very easy day trip from Amsterdam, Utrecht, Leiden and many other cities with the intercity trains in the Netherlands.
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Rotterdam is becoming every year more popular than the last. Many tourists taking day trips from Amsterdam, booking a whole weekend trip or arriving on one of the many cruise ships that stop within the harbour. It’s also a city that is becoming just as expensive as Amsterdam to live, since there are more people choosing Rotterdam as their home city.
I have lived in Rotterdam for 7 years in July 2018 and love that I call Rotterdam my home sweet home location.
Top Inspiring Photos of Rotterdam
Here is our list of Inspiring Photos of Rotterdam throughout the year. Many of them showing off what I also love about the city of Rotterdam.
*All images are my own.*
- The peaceful neighbourhood of Kralingen.
2. The awesome city street art!
3. The pretty gardens at Trompenburg.
4. The famous Erasmusbrug, nicknamed as the Swan.
5. The Laurenskerk church in the center of the city.
6. The unique architecture of the cubic houses……
……to the modern architecture in the whole city.
7. To all the dutch treats found in the Markthal.
8. The spaceship Rotterdam Central Station.
9. Speeding across the water with a Watertaxi.
10. Spotting the old Museum tram among the modern ones.
11. The amazing skyline of the high risers from above. We took this one during our helicopter tour!
12. And the amazing skyline of the high risers at night.
13. The public parks like the Kralingse Bos.
14. The UNESCO Windmills of Kinderdijk.
15. The hidden local spots like the Luchtsingel.
16. The Witte Huis (a plus if it has snowed too!).
18. Boat tours through the busy Rotterdam Harbour.
19. Suitable paths for exploring by bike!
20. The city skyline of Katendrecht.
21. See the historic SS Rotterdam cruise ship!
22. The boathouse at Veerhaven harbour.
23. And I want to mention the architecture again!
TIP: Check out this Lonely Planet Netherlands guide that is great for all up to date information and recommendations for the country! Else they have a perfect pocket-sized Lonely Planet Pocket Rotterdam (Travel Guide), which I also own and can highly recommend.
Read more of our Rotterdam posts!
We would love to hear if you have visited Rotterdam before and what you thought about the city! Let us know in the comments.