A Nile Cruise is perfect to explore all the historic temples at places like Esna, Edfu and Kom Umbu. However it is also intriguing to see locals along the way, far away from the touristic locations. During our Nile Cruise in October 2018 we took many photos along the way, to truly see life as it is in Egypt. Fascinated by the local fishermen and lush green land we sailed past, we saw many locals in their daily lives. It’s likely only once we would sail the Nile river from Luxor, so we valued our time on board and the locals we met on the journey to Aswan.
All photos were taken during our October 2018 vacation.
Nile Cruise Views
Life on the Nile river sure had a different feel to it then the city life of Cairo. Sailing into peace and seeing Egypt from the top desk was a once in a lifetime experience. Some of the things you experience along a Nile Cruise are the following:
- Fisherman and their boats
- Nile Cruise boats following the same routes
- Kids playing and swimming
- Famers attending their land and animals
- Lush green land and crops
- Desert mountains in the distance
- Beautiful sunsets
- Fallucas in Aswan
Read more of our Egypt posts!
We highly recommend a Nile Cruise through Egypt, either heading South or North. Both are decent as you get to see the same historic locations along the way, not missing out on anything. Living life close to the Nile shows local farmers attending to their lush green land and crops. The experience of sailing on the Nile from our MS Mayfair cruise boat was truly once in a lifetime. You will never forget the temperature, sounds and smells with the Nile cruise views. We were very welcomed by the staff and would highly recommend something similar. Thinking back, we are happy that we had chosen the journey of Luxor to Aswan as you ultimately spend more time on the cruise. Allowing you to really see more of Egypt along the way during the sailing times.
- Find a shady (or sunny!) spot on the rooftop to see both sides of the Nile river banks.
- Enjoy the Nile Cruise Views with respect to the locals, even those selling things from their fisherman boats to the Nile Cruise travellers
- Respect those living their life on the Nile river
Pin for later:
Have you enjoyed some Nile cruise views during a visit to Egypt? Or experienced the Nile river differently? What did you enjoy the most? Let us know in the comments!